Monday 9 January 2012

My Experience : Pre-Medic AUCMS

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone!


Having this as my second post is a bit random I must say :P But it's for my AUCMS juniors which will be interviewed by the Irish soon! I'm gonna share my experience going through the same process last year, hope it'll help you guys in any ways possible :)


From what I remember, insyaAllah, I had to face three obstacles in order to get to Ireland.
The obstacles were : 
    1) Getting above than 3.65 CGPA in Pre-Med exam
    2) Getting above than Band 7 in IELTS 
    3) Passing the interview with the Irish


So, having those as my guidelines, I was determined to conquer them one by one. It's like, if you can't even climb the first step, why bother thinking about the second one right? :D Yeahh I admit it, I do have a funny way of motivating myself hihi Well, cuz hardwork is the only way to do this, I had to study very, very hard to make sure I could pass the required CGPA and alhamdulillah, after semesters of struggle, stage 1 was cleared! 
My tips : Just balance out and aim a possible GPA mark for each semester ( AIM HIGH OK? hihi) so that you'll get a CGPA above the passing mark! haha :P


Okay moving on to the second stage, IELTS!! Well this step was where things got scarier :(
Before that, let me be frank.. Seriously, there is no 'jalan pintas' to pass this other than practising English everyday! :S Be it listening to English songs and sing along quitely, watching English movies without having the subtitle on, or you could even get in groups and work together to improve your communication skill.  I bet you'll be getting loads and loads of practice from Mr Banu and Mr Raj, for IELTS. Please make full use the materials okay? :D Polishing your oral skill is very important as that will help your life later, in Ireland, becomes more easy. Furthermore, English is a fun subject, I am sure everyone gonna enjoy the learning process.


Last but not least, the most crucial part after clearing up the exam and IELTS stages was the interview with the Irish! Basically, all I did was practised my speaking and listening skill with my friends everyday, few weeks prior to the interview. Stay true to yourself during the interview, don't try to brag about anything and even worse LIE about stuff just to make your life more interesting cuz you might get lose in your own made up stories! However if you're good at it, then hentam saja lah hihi! Wear appropriate attire, doctor-like clothes. In other words, look your best on that day so that you'll feel confident in your own skin. Listen to the interviewers, smile throughout the session and don't rush your answers! Keep grounded cuz it will give an impression that you respect them. Most importantly, just be yourself! InsyaAllah, everything will fall into place. 


Some asked me about the questions that I got when I was interviewed. Well, luckily, my interview was pretty easy breezy! They just asked me mostly personal questions and a bit of medicine-related stuff. In my opinion, I think all they wanna see is that if you could carry the image of being a student of UCC/NUIG or not. So these are the questions that they asked me on that day,
         1) Tell me about yourself
         2) So I see that your english is very good, do you often use english at home?
         3) Tell me about your hobbies
         4) I love eating malaysian foods, but I wonder if you noticed that it is a bit
             unhealthy, so do you think the meals such as nasi kandar could contribute to 
             diseases such as atherosclerosis? 
         5) Why do you want to be a doctor? Why not something else?
They focused more on question number 5 and asked further questions based on that. Again, they just want to see if you could speak english well and if you could carry yourself or not :)
So, to give you an idea on the kind of attire that you should wear for theinterview, here is a picture of us on that particular day, last year.



For girls, my suggestions are : 
- Baju Kurung
- Office wear
 * Wear clothes that could represent the best version of you so that you'll feel confident all day long!

For guys, well I am suggesting based on what I saw last wear, hmm most of my male friends wore the standard men's formal wear, ties and what not.. They looked really good, some looked as if they were working doctors! 

You can visit this link to read more about the related stuff. :D http://nabillahamierah.blogspot.com/2011/07/behind-scenes-part-three-interview-day.html

I guess that is all for now, hope you could learn one or two stuff from my post! Till then, all the best! Cheers :D

     'Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best.'
                                                                                      ~H. Jackson Brown

5 comments:

  1. Sangat sukaaaaa! :DDD Hee. Nak jugak comment kat sini ^________^ Mr. Banu is surely the best lah! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanksss baby!! hihi i miss mr banu :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. me got Mr Raj. btw, THANKSSSSSSS SENIOR!!!! [nak like, ni bkn fb.. saya like kat fb jer tau :D]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanksss adik junior! <3 Mr Raj best kannn, relaks je hihi

      Delete
    2. best2~ tpi risau gak sbb relax sgt :p

      Delete